Thursday, October 14, 2010

Grateful.

This is what the little man & I did this morning. He was in love


Lately I've been pretty busy and have found myself occupied with other things... when really, I need to be spending more time with Koston and giving him the attention that he needs. I've realized that time passes too quickly. I need to soak up all the time and precious moments I can get with this little guy. He deserves the BEST and I want to be the mommy that he deserves. I really can't explain the happiness that fills me when I walk into his bedroom each morning. He always awaits me with a huge smile on his face... usually standing up peaking his chubby little face over the rail of his crib. This morning when I went in to get him from his nap... I pretty much cried because I just love this guy so much. Sometimes I think we take things for granted... and really don't realize how blessed we are. I know that I have so much to be thankful for and I honestly wouldn't know where to begin. I have a good life. I have the greatest family and the greatest friends. Heavenly Father has been good to me. And I often wonder why.

Anyway (as I'm like tearing up!) Today was a good day :) Koston & I went to the East side market place where they have a little play area for kids. He's not walking by himself yet, but he loves to stand up and walk around anything he can hold on to. I knew this place would be great for him! When we first got there, there were a couple of little boys that Koston was fascinated with. He wanted to play with them so bad. He followed them most of the time while the boys would run away from him. It was kind of funny. He didn't mind though :) He was just having fun watching the boys and climbing on to the toys. Here's a few pics that I got of him today.






He's turning 1 in less than 2 weeks! I think that's what has made me so blubbery :)  My baby is turning into a little boy! We're throwing him a little party here and inviting our friends over to celebrate. I'm sad that none of our family can be here... but we'll survive! He'll have plenty more birthdays!

* Finally! Some people have asked me for pictures of our place. SO here it is! Our TINY apartment.

Family room/ laundry room/ dining room... 3 in 1 baby. haha. 

Kitchen


The doors that lead to the washer & dryer!


Just another angle...


And then off to the the right & left are the 2 bedrooms. They both have bathrooms with walk in closets. I love having a bathroom in Kostons room. It's much more convenient! I would have taken pictures but our bedroom is embarrassing :) These apartments come fully furnished except for the T.V. stand... that's ours :)

I'm weird and I never know how to rap up my posts. So... I guess, that's it! Haha. See ya!

7 comments:

Polka-dotted elephants said...

Koston is seriously SO cute, and his hair has gotten so dark. I can't believe that he is going to be 1 in two weeks. I totally understand everything you were saying in this post. There are so many times that I do the things I wanna do during the day, and when the day is coming to an end and im putting the chillins to bed I totally feel so bad that I didnt pay more attention to them because I was too busy trying to do my things. totally had one of those moments today. Im glad to hear you guys are doing well up in Idaho!

mike garner said...

Liesl, thanks for the pictures! Just makes you want to kiss Koston's chubby cheeks!It's still in the 90s here and everyone's putting in their winter grass finally. Thanks for coming down for the FB game, it was such a good time. I know you guys had a long haul back. I'm looking forward to seeing you guys for Thanksgiving. Love your little apartment. In some ways I miss the simplicity of just having a couple of rooms to worry about. When you get to our stage in life, it would take two weeks just to move the garage and tool shed, let alone the house. Your life is really blessed and you deserve it. Brian couldn't have chosen anyone better to share his life with and we are happy to share in it too. Give Big K a love from his G-Pa Jones. See you soon!

mike and breanna devlin said...

Your little boy is such a stud muffin! He's so cute. And your apartment looks great! Thats pretty awesome that it comes fully furnished. Glad you guys are doing well!

Danie Rae Whatcott said...

Ohh Koston is turing into such a big boy!! Much older looking!! I wish i oculd be there for his frist birthday!!! Your apartment looks great!! Miss you

Sarah Ruth Ritchie said...

Liesl, your little place is so cute! I love how crafty you are. Thanks for letting me view your cute blog!

Alli said...

your little guy is too stinkin cute!! Those cheeks are killin me! You are such a sweet mom and he is lucky to have you!

The Garlock's said...

He is getting so big!!! I love your new little place, miss u!