Monday, August 16, 2010

New adventures

Yes we're here, and yes we're alive! My procrastination is already setting in... I've been putting off blogging. I'm just not a good writer and journal-er. But I think you already knew that ;)

Hawaii was so much fun! It was the greatest, laziest week I've had in a long time. We went to the Polynesian Cultural center, Sea Life park, took a tour of Honolulu, went to the zoo, shopped, played in the ocean, ate a TON of chocolate covered macadamia nuts (seriously, we ate a whole bag just about everyday! Ha!) visited the Dole pineapple factory, macadamia nut farm and we were supposed to go see Pearl Harbor but we accidentally slept through that one :/ woops! I think the bus left at like 6 AM and we definitely didn't wake up to our alarm. Well, I think Brian heard it, then woke me up... but then we both fell back asleep. haha. Oh well, we still had tons of fun and were really sad to leave. I was excited toget back home to Koston though. I missed him so much. It was nice to know that he was in good hands. Thank you Mom for watching him! You are the greatest! I know he had lots of fun with you guys and didn't even miss us.

We've been in Moscow for about a week and a half. It's been good... I think we're gonna like it here. It's a small town... about 20,000 - 21,000 people I believe? Half of which are college kids. It's really pretty here... especially the campus. It's beautiful. It's really green and there's tons of trees! The buildings are older looking with red brick. The people seem to be really nice too :) We went to our new ward last Sunday and really liked it as well. We've met some pretty cool people. Brian actually invited them over for dinner this coming Saturday. Yikes! We're in a married student ward and most of the men are attending law school. Lots of them are starting their first year with Brian so that's good. Anyway, It's been going really well up here. We're pretty much settled in for the most part. There's just a few things we need to do.

I'll post more about Idaho next time! But get ready for picture overload! These are in the wrong order, of course, but oh well :)

"Hello walk" (on campus) Soo pretty.


Love those little chunky feet!

This was his idea of "helping out." Climbing up on everything! This was at our first apartment. We moved out of here a few days later into a different one. I'll post more about it later.

Gettin' comfy with the watermelons at WinCo.

At our first apartment we had no AC... and apparently Moscow had a heat wave that day because it was bloody hot! So Koston sported just his diaper :)

My mom came up with us and helped out. She was a HUGE help! I was so sad to see her leave :(



Yesterday was Brians first day of orientation for law school. What a handsome guy ;) I'm so proud of him.

The night before I left Danie, Tiffany & Amanda came over just to hang out and say goodbye. We took a bazillion pictures! It was really fun! I'll miss these girls a lot. It's always a good time when we're together :)


Koston was really feeling left out from all of the picture taking! So I snapped one with him.



Tiffany and I with our boys :)



Hawaii! This was taken at the Sea Life Park. We got to swim with these beautiful dolphins! It was awesome!

Brian & I also got wear wet suits and oxygen mask/helmet things and went down 18 ft. to swim and feed some sting rays...

and sharks... and tons of fish. It was AWESOME!

On our tour. Pirates Of the Caribbean had filmed here a couple weeks ago. Apparently they were in Oahu while we were there!

enjoying the scenery :)


The beautiful temple!

The dancers from Tahiti! They were my favorite at the PCC.

Spear throwing.


Games at the PCC.


These were literally on every corner in Waikiki.

Playing in the Banyon trees.


So apparently they didn't think we liked to sleep together... so they gave us 2 queen beds.
Solution = Super bed!


This was at the airport on our way to Hawaii... at 4:00 AM

Oh Brian loves pictures... can't you tell?

Well that's it for now! I gotta get back to this guy! He's into everything now!


And he loves to tear apart his books!

See ya!

5 comments:

mike garner said...

Thanks so much for the pictures! The town reminds me a little of Corvallis. Have you found a hobby store yet? Koston looks like a little man in his jeans. I think that's the first time I remember seeing him in long pants. Glad you have finally settled in and finished moving. We miss you guys! Love you....Grandpa Jones

The Garlock's said...

Hooray for all the pics and update, I miss you already!! Hawaii is so beautiful, I would love to go again. Glad you got all settled in now!

britney said...

So glad about the post.... glad you guys are starting to like it. send more pics!

MichelleY said...

GLad you guys are getting settled in. Hawaii looked like it was so much fun.....how nice to get away before school started. Koston looks like such a big boy in those pants - I love it! Looks like he will be walking soon too. Miss you guys :)

Unknown said...

That campus looks so pretty! And I am so jealous of Hawaii, Allen and I are thinking about going there for our honeymoon! Koston's chubbyness is the cutest. Glad you are settling in nicely!