Friday, June 19, 2009

Oregon trip

Last weekend we headed on up to beautiful Oregon for the last Garner wedding. Geoff & Katie were married in the Portland temple on Saturday morning. We're really happy for Geoff and Katie and wish them the best! We're happy to have Katie in the fam :)



First off... I didn't realize how beautiful Portland is. Yeah, i've heard that it's really green and it rains a lot... so it's got to be a pretty nice place. But when we got there, i was in awe of all of the Huge trees and the lush green that you just can't get enough of. It's absolutely breath taking. I kind of felt like i was in a forest the whole time. When we got there on Friday, we had some time to waste so Brian and i got to visit my sister Dawn because she only lived about 5 minutes  from our hotel. That was really nice because i haven't seen her since our wedding! When you walk out to her back yard, there's a plethora of giant trees surrounding you, it was amazing, i loved it. I wish i took a picture. I suck with cameras :( 

In short... i want to live in a forest someday.

The trip as a whole was really fun. I, without a doubt, love Brian's family. It's indeed always a good time with them and i don't think any one could make me laugh more than they can/did. Thanks Shellene and Mike for the fun time! There were definitely a lot of fun memories made!


We hit up some Olive Garden right after we got there. It was a little disappointing though, the service was indeed slooooow. But, I still can't hate. I can't get enough of the O.G. mmmm!


Here's the happy man the day before the wedding.

Did I not tell you it's gorgeous?!


I like this pic. Almost everyone. Minus Mike, Shellene, Grandma Betty and Larry :( Well... half of Betty.


One of the many waterfalls we saw.


The boys.


A few fun things that occupied us that i can't leave out...

we played A LOT of this...



listened to a little TOO much of this...



And didn't play ENOUGH of this! haha. 




7 comments:

Shellene said...

It was beautiful. The temple itself is amazing. I was so proud to be there in the temple with all my kids and their spouses. Our whole family all together in that setting is so awesome. Dad and I are so proud. We have been blessed that our kids have all chosen great, loving spouses. Each one adds so much dimension to our family. It has been a great week with lots of memories made!

britney said...

Yay! It was a lot of fun. I love taking trips with lots of fun people! And the games were great too.

MichelleY said...

The Yamamotos are up for a good game of Catch Phrase anytime.

Adria said...

Liesl!! I am having so much fun finding all of these new blogs! Congratulations on the baby boy!! You are so beautiful and you and your husband make such an adorable couple.

Taylor and Amanda Lines said...

it looks like it was alot of fun! oregon is a beautiful place, im jealous!!! :-D ps you looked so cute at geoff's reception! it makes me miss being prego! hehe i know im crazy. we need a girls night again!

The Germaine's said...

Liesl you are prego?! Yay for you! How did i not hear about this? Well i hope everything is going well! Im so excited for you! Its tough being a mom but its the best!

Malia said...

Liesl congrats on your pregnancy! You will be one cute mama :)