Thursday, March 11, 2010

St. Patricks Day Lucky Blocks


Lucky Blocks




This project was super fun, easy, and a little time consuming... only because Koston was jealous of all the attention these blocks were getting so I'd have to stop and give him loves. I've never decorated for St. Patricks Day in the past, but after seeing all these cute ideas in the blogging world, I figured this was a great excuse to make some cute blocks :) Most of the stuff I had on hand, so it was really cheap. Just what I like!




Supplies I used:


4x4 cut up into 4 in. cubes ( The nice man in Home Depot cut them for me :))

Rust-oleum Leafy Green spray paint

Cute scrapbook paper

Modge Podge

Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink

Folk Art- Buttercream acrylic paint

Chip board letters

Paint brush

Sponge brush

Glue gun


Steps:


1. Cut up wood



2. Spray blocks



3. Cut up paper



4. Distress edges with ink



5. Apply Modge Podge to blocks and then apply paper. Smooth out bubbles. After it's dry, apply Modge Podge over the entire block.



6. Paint letters & let dry. Glue letters to block.



That's it! Have a good day! :)






10 comments:

Dallin and Ashley said...

so cute!!!! I want to make these... thanks for the idea.. and the steps!!!

MichelleY said...

What a cute idea, you are so crafty! Hope you guys have a super fun weekend celebrating your anniversary :)

Polka-dotted elephants said...

Super cute! we need to get together and do some crafts sometime!

micah folsom photography said...

These are so cute! Maybe in my next life I'll get some crafty talents:)

Ashlee said...

So cute! I never thought about making blocks like that! you could make those for anything! love it!

Unknown said...

Very cute!! I will definitely have to try it! Thanks for the idea!

Danie Rae Whatcott said...

I love CRAFTS!!! So cute girl good job!!!

Erich and Katie said...

Cute blocks, wish I was crafty like that! I don't get updates on your cute family from brian at work anymore..... looks like I will get to blog stock instead.
hope you guys are great!

Anonymous said...

You are so creative I love it!!! Im so glad to see your doing so good!

KristinaKendal said...

Hey looks like you have been doing good. Miss talking to you. I would like to be added to your page. My email is chevgirl87@yahoo.com and our blog is kristinakendal.blogspot.com